Monday, June 30, 2008

milk update

well, dang. i got an email tonight that thanked me for wanting to donate my milk but that i was denied. i felt like someone socked me in the stomach. but, i was prepared for it. i wondered if i would be rejected. i could check every question they had with a perfect answer. all but one. they asked if i'd had a blood transfusion in the last year. and i have. i wondered if that would reject me from their selection. and, it did. because i lost so much blood during my c-section, i had to have a blood transfusion (which, by the way, isn't fun. well losing 2 liters of blood isn't fun - it makes for a pretty hard recovery. i was one whipped mama.). that blood transfusion definitely saved my life. and while i wouldn't change anything about my birth experience with loralai, i can say that i'm really bummed to not be able to share my milk. man. i don't have a bank account full of money, or fields of some sort of plentiful crops to share - but i have milk. God gave me milk. and i guess i should just be thankful for that. he gave me milk - milk enough to grow loralai really fat and healthy. so, for now, i'll just be grateful that i've been able to breastfeed her and love every minute of it. ....but next baby. next go 'round - if things go a little more smoothly and there's no blood transfusion...watch out Africa, i'm gonna help fatten up your sweet little babies! oh, and they're gonna be fat - you just wait ;)

3 comments:

Amanda Dengler said...

yeah, but on loralai's 1st birthday you won't have to check that blood transfusion box anymore.

anyway. i love your excited and giving attitude.

Diana said...

I'm sorry you didn't get chosen this time around...but you never know what God has in store for you. Maybe there's some bigger opportunity that you don't even know about yet. And who knows how many people read your blog? At least you're getting the word out there. I'm proud of you!!

Tay's Mom said...

exactly, diana is right. i didn't know donating milk was possible -- and i'm ON IT for my next bebe. so, you done good girl. you spread the word and will help fatten babies, one way or another!