Monday, September 22, 2008

sandy days

us. silly 'ole turner
self portrait. we forgot to tell loralai to look.
yay for morning walks!


aunt julie and loralai todd and his super happy girl
mmm love.
we like to scrunch our noses. apparently.
wyatt picking grass.
me, mom and loralai.


i highly recommend this sling to moms with babies.
sunrise
mom, me and bryan. and the two little dumptruck pushers.

we went to emerald isle for a few days with my family - well, my 'side' of the family. we found a beach house that suits us all and i think we'll keep doing this over the years. it's so much fun to see my nephews play with my baby - and it was so sweet to get to see my new niece. she's seven whole weeks and full of sweet baby goodness. i don't have a lot to say about our weekend, unless you want the details about how we saw a shooting star, how todd, me and loralai would get up in the mornings and go for beach walks, how turner smothered loralai with kisses, how wyatt never ever ever runs out of energy or funny jokes, how it nearly melts my heart to hear my nephews tell their mom and dad (or anyone they love), spontaneously, that 'i love you. you're my best friend.' and they mean it with every ounce of love in their hearts, how we celebrated mom's birthday at the beach, how loralai took great naps at the beach but found herself with a cold when we got home and now finds sleep hard due to a stuffy nose, how sand apparently tastes really good to babies, and how no matter how many toys i brought for entertainment, i didn't need a single toy because turner and wyatt entertained loralai more than she could have ever imagined. well, them and any water bottle that she could find and chew on. aaah beach family weekends.

6 comments:

Diana said...

I love those pictures!! For some reason when I talked to you Friday, I thought you were in Greenville. Glad to hear you got to spend some time at the beach. And wow, I cannot believe how much Turner looks like his daddy!!

Amanda Dengler said...

haha, i love that scrunchy nose photo. thanks for sharing photos of your big family. i showed my cousin, callie, photos of loralai, and she was amazed how much "wow, she looks just like her mom." tehe.

Susan McVey said...

We recently got through Maddie's 1st cold and found two great products that helped her sleep peacefully through the night. 1) Vicks Soothing Menthol Scent Pads. 2) Vicks Baby Rub. The combination of these two things along with a humidifier cleared her nose wonderfully and we didn't lose any precious sleep. Hope Loralai feels better soon!

Amber said...

Those pictures are so cute!!! I'm glad you had a nice beach weekend and got to spend time with your family. Just wait until you have your second baby and see how sweet Lorali will be with them...you will fall in love all over again X2...

Tay's Mom said...

babies wrapped in beach blankets are the sweetest sight. and, holy cow, turner is getting big. i remember when he was born like it was last week. has it really been that long?!

yay for relaxing at the beach with the fam. i'm jealous!

The Swinson's said...

I love the pictures and it is amazing to think about how big your nephews have gotten. It is so sweet to think about how cousins love each other so much. Please send your family my love.