Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Butt shakin', feet stompin', belly jigglin' heck of a good time...



tonight when todd got home from work, i had already put the baby down for her last nap of the day. dinner was going in the oven and i was itching for a walk. it's been so pretty here this afternoon - after the rain passed. and since it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, i thought this might be my only shot at a walk. so he said that he would listen out for the baby and for me to go ahead.

but sadly, my nano wasn't charged - so no good tunes to listen to. but i did have my old shuffle. and even though i haven't listened to it in at least a year, that sucker still had a charge. go figure. Go God! i needed this walk.

it was my first walk on my own without loralai in her stroller. i love going for walks with her, but i had forgotten how good it feels to just go.

but there was something holding me back. ME. there i was walking and thinking - i want to run. so y'all, i proceeded to run. my first attempt at running since giving birth. and let me just tell ya - things jiggled on this body that have never jiggled. my belly is looser than it's ever been. and my butt was screaming at me. with every smack of my foot on the pavement, it felt like the meat on my toosh was ripping away from the bone. and my boobs - well the milk was properly shaken for loralai's next feeding. but really, it was so liberating.

two minutes i ran. two minutes i walked. off and on for the duration of my little 30 minute excursion. will i feel this tomorrow? i sure as heck hope so! this woman needs to feel some progress being made on her body.

...as i ran i thought about beth moore. she goes for walks in her neighborhood and sings her Jesus music to the hills while her neighbors look on at her and shake their heads. well i didn't have any good Christian music to run to - but i did have beyonce. so there i was singing beyonce's music out loud and i started thinking - this definitely praises Jesus. feeling this kind of goodness is a hug straight from God.

i felt the best i've felt in a long time running. and that is DEFINITELY a praise. and let me tell you what, if this body is a temple of the holy spirit, then Jesus hold your britches b/c i'm fixin' to get this body in tip top condition. i'm going to be rockin' a body that gives healthy opportunity to glorify the kingdom as long as possible.

so here's to learning how to enjoy a new body and feeling good for the run.

No comments: